Thursday, August 26, 2010

Coffee...mmmm

I have noticed whilst strolling through the city that a large proportion of coffee drinkers seem to partake in this delicious poison either walking, driving or trying to do a thousand other things and drink their dark delights with mayhem surrounding them. Complete madness I think.

Coffee should be savoured and enjoyed in a seated position with at least 1 good person sitting in close proximity to you,to not only share some idle chat, but also be part of that morning ritual whereby all symptoms of a a nasty stressful day ahead are engulfed by sacred aromas and fine taste bud tantalising liquid...and for that 15minutes of heaven all crap forgotten about.

This leads me into Delux Coffeeworks (http://www.deluxecoffeeworks.co.za/) 25 Church Street...OK I am truly biased here as my days since drinking a morning cup in this amazing place have just seemed to be metamorphosed(is there such a word ?) into days of joy. From the moment you climb the stairs to seeing, smelling and tasting true coffee passion everything seems to just loose itself into the ether the city holds. I challenge anyone to try their establishment and not come away with a grin and a spring in their step. Who wants to pay silly prices for pretentiuos coffee drinking joints filled with ... well you all know of whom I speak? Not me I say ... Delux convert all the way!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know man, everyone's on the Deluxe bandwagon... When I went there I couldn't get a seat, nothing to eat so we went elsewhere. Guess you have to get your timing right? Cause I don't wanna walk-and-drink either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timing as they say in the classics is everything... try between 09:25 and 10:00 (a window of opportunity). Eat in the morning...I did not know that still happened :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you write about the atmosphere!
    Timing is everything, music is everything.
    One day Marli - it will all come together and you too will fall in love!

    ReplyDelete